Sunday, September 15, 2019

The Little Things


On my quest to visit the barn more often than not, I've had a few near misses. This specific day, I thought I had missed my chance. My to-do list had taken up all of my free time. In fact, I was driving back home when I decided to double-check my schedule. I'm glad I did because I had my days confused! Turned out I worked at five and not four! It seems small, but I love little wins like that.


Avalon and the other horses were snoozing under a tree. I decided to join them. I don't want Ava to think that she has to work every time she sees me. We stood in the shade and I scratched all her favorite spots. 


Notice the bottle of fly spray in the bottom of the photo.

I love her relaxed, floppy lip.

Avalon decided to check out the fly spray. I'm so encouraged when her curious, thoughtful side shows. 




She picked it up and dropped it.


Licking and chewing. I'm realizing that this might not interest anyone other than me - but I get so excited about licking and chewing! I love seeing a relaxed horse. Yay for releasing tension!


And she returned to chewing the fly spray. However, I noticed a smear on the bottle that looked like blood. On further investigation, I found a bloody spot in Ava's mouth. I'm not sure if she cut herself while chewing on the bottle, or if her baby teeth are still coming in. 


(Don't worry, the tooth is completely back to normal and no lasting damage was done)

4 comments:

  1. Those moments are so special. It could just bee that her 'adult' teeth are coming in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My guess is that she might have chewed the fly spray because she was "teething." My last baby horse lost/grew in teeth around the age of four.

      Delete
  2. Sweet, curious moments. I love to see that in my horses, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a positive change from her anxious behavior!

      Delete