Sunday, October 6, 2019

My First Equestrian Emergency Room Visit

*No worries (or depending on who you are, I'm sorry to say) there are not any gruesome pictures in this post. No blood, bruising, or else. Just some swelling.*

I'm currently sitting in the ER waiting for x-rays to come back.

I was having a delightful desensitizing session with Ava and somehow managed to wrap the rope around my right ring finger as I spooked her with a plastic bag. It's surprising since normally I'm really careful with ropes.

Doesn't look too bad, but it doesn't feel right.

7 comments:

  1. Oh yikes! I'm glad it isn't anything worse or more serious! Hope it heals fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am too. It should heal pretty quickly.

      Delete
  2. Ouch! good luck- I hope it's not broken or the tendon damaged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is broken, but it is a clean break that didn't require any surgery or setting!

      Delete
  3. Ah I did something similar several years ago. Dislocated my middle and ring fingers. Ring finger was fine. middle finger required surgery & pins. Honestly tho, it really was just a blip on the radar. Fingers crossed that this is no more than that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds horrible! Part of me is thankful that I only broke my finger, as dislocations are typically more painful. I'm blessed to not need any surgery either.

      Delete
    2. How did you get your finger injuries?

      Delete