Amid the fear and uncertainty of the current times, I've been encouraged to see all the people coming together as a community. From Facebook to zoom to our own blogosphere - social media is reaching through the social distance. When I saw Liz's post on her blog In Omnia Paratus, I knew I wanted to jump on the bandwagon. In her words:
"...in an effort to introduce a bit of positivity and happiness amidst uncertain times, I thought I would share some of my gratitude items here in the hopes that our lovely little community of bloggers will echo back with some of their own. It's been awhile since a blog hop has gone around, but perhaps our little group can come up with a suite of them in the coming weeks to ease us through these unknown times?"
Here is my list of thankfulness:
- Community: I'm thankful for my family, for my friends, and for all my internet connections! I've been away from the people I normally spend my time with. My friends are sequestered in their own homes. Despite this, I have been able to connect with so many people through blogs, Facebook, and the internet as a whole. We are not alone, no matter how many feet separate us.
- My faith: This time off as given me hours of free time to spend in my Bible and in prayer. It has been hard to carve out time for my relationship with Jesus between school and work. Now I can spend unadulterated hours listening to what my soul needs to hear.
- My pets: I have an adorable dog and cat cuddling at my feet as I type. Time at home means more time spent with furry critters that I love. Depending on how the laws are handled, I might have more time to spend with Avalon as well!
- Sleep: As a busy full-time college student working full-time I am always low on sleep this time of year. But not this March! I'm getting a beautiful eight hours of sleep every night. Nothing should change that since college classes are online for the rest of the year.
- Hulu and Netflix: There is nothing like settling down to watch a show without the shadow of responsibilities and deadlines hanging over your head! It's basically a month of rainy days.
- Nature: When it isn't raining, I still have free rein (rain?) to walk through my town or nearby parks. Spring came early this year. The world is basically begging to be photographed and put on Instagram!
- Crafts: I have a secret artistic side that hasn't seen the light of day in a long time. Now that I have free days without classroom hours, I can experiment with bullet journaling again!
- Water: I absolutely love to drink water (and coffee which necessitates water). It's easy to take for granted. Life is strange and scary right now, but we still have access to water. Thank God!
I would love to hear from more fellow bloggers. What are you thankful for? If you don't have a blog, let me know in the comments! Lets spread some gratitude around.