Saturday, November 24, 2018

November Goals



I wish I had more recent pictures of miss Ava, but cold weather and holiday travel have kept me away since Tuesday.

November Goals:

It's never to late to set goals!!

Groundwork:
1) work on polite leading on both sides
          Avalon sometimes leans in with her shoulder and she doesn't like me leading from the right side.
2) explore
          Ava doesn't like being led away from the pasture and other horses, so I want to make it part of our daily routine.
3) yielding forequarters and hindquarters individually
          Sometimes, Ava still responds to a hindquarter yield by swinging her shoulders toward me, or to a shoulder yield by walking forward.

Under-Saddle Related Things:
1) evaluate the saddles
          I checked the saddle fits back in June, but I need to check them again and see what I'm going to use in the spring
2) bareback pad
          Until I get the saddle situation figured out, use the bareback pad to get Ava used to the routine of having something on her back, girthed up, on a regular basis. She doesn't have an issue with saddles/bareback pads, but I want it to be second nature.

These goals are probably going to overflow into December, since there are only six days left of the month. I was going to post the saddle photos I took back in June, but I can't find them at the moment. I will probably post them after I try the saddles out a second time.

2 comments:

  1. just found your blog and am getting caught up! good goals - fall is the best season for exploring ;)

    ReplyDelete