Sunday, January 26, 2020

And We're Off!


This is going to be a huge year. Tomorrow I begin my last full semester of college. This summer I will be traveling across the United States to take on the greatest adventure of my life so far: an internship at Crystal Peaks Youth Ranch. Hopefully I will earn my last few credits over the summer to achieve my bachelor's degree in psychology. 

Right now everything is still in the planning phase as I try to figure out how to be an adult. I'm terrified and overjoyed. However, I will have to leave my lovely mare behind. I doubt she cares at all. Lucky spoiled filly gets to spend an entire summer being a horse. Eating, sleeping, running around when it's windy. I'm going to miss her, but she's in good hands at the boarding facility and I'll be back when the weather gets cold again. 

I'm more worried about my two betta fish, one of which is battling a particularly stubborn bout of fin rot. I am hoping for a full recovery, but if he dies I would much rather have him die before I leave than while someone else is trying to care for him. 

I'm also deciding what to do with the blog. I will be blogging my experience at CPYR, but I haven't decided if I want to include that journey on this blog or if I want to keep the two experiences separate. Any thoughts? 

4 comments:

  1. That internship sounds wonderful. Since you are already invested in this blog why not keep it up rather than make a new one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the only reason I would make another blog would be to hide this one from all the people in my life - and it's time to get over that anyway. I'm not an insecure sixteen year old anymore!

      I'll be writing more about the internship soon, it's going to be life-changing!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on finishing college soon! My best advice I can and know how to give is remember that no adult really knows how to be an adult - we all learn it one day and experience at a time, so be gentle and kind with yourself as you grow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is amazing advice that I have already passed on to a few people. It's too easy for me to forget and get caught up in this idea that everyone else has their ish together.

      Delete