Sunday, December 16, 2018

November/December Goal Recap


As expected, none of my November goals were completed. It's winter. It's cold. It's the school year. All reasons why most of my visits to the barn have consisted of about five minutes worth of cuddles, treats, and Bannix. She is getting better slowly but surely. . Until I get that situation sorted out I'm going to procrastinate the saddle fit check (which is driving me crazy since I just bought a new dressage girth!!!). 

I have high hopes for winter break. As long as the weather isn't terrible, I should be able to spend a lot more time with Avalon. I'm also way behind in reading the blogs I'm subscribed to. Hopefully I can use my time off to catch up. 

How are the goals going?

*Leading: I haven't worked on this one much. I'm still leading from the left side (bad habit), but we have practice the lead cues. I lead my horses a specific way that build toward future liberty work (or emergencies if the gate is left open). Maybe I'll write a post about it.

*Explore: I have not taken Avalon for any walks in the woods. However, we did spend some time in the arena without too much spookiness. 

*Yields: I haven't spent time on this yet.

So curious! I love her facial markings.

We have had a few days of 30 degree weather, which is nice because I can give Avalon a bit of a workout without worrying that she'll catch a chill. I "lunged" her a little in the arena spending time on walk-trot transitions and encouraging her to bend. She has had a hard time holding a round circle, but now that she is getting better I'm going to move her out onto a larger circle. I will be writing about that more when I get pictures of it. 

When you thought you got a million pictures . . . but really you only took this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment