Monday, July 15, 2019

Trust the Process


As I have mentioned in previous posts, I've shifted my focus from long term goals to the day-to-day choices. Getting up every day and making one small step closer to my end goal is going to get me farther than sitting on my butt thinking about that goal ever will. My focus isn't riding Ava this summer. My focus is to go to the barn more often than not. I trust that the process will take me where I want to go. Would you know it, my new philosophy is paying off already!

Falling asleep as a saddle her up
Avalon is settling into the rhythm. She is becoming comfortable with the process of saddling and wearing the saddle. I even broke out the long lines. She is doing so well! No pictures yet, but I'm working on it.


Chickens!
She even carries my helmet and the long lines on the saddle without an issue!
Interestingly, I can leave her loose in the arena as long as the lead is attached to her halter. If I take it off, she runs around bucking and screaming for her buddies. 

1 comment: