Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Playing Dress Up


Who is this gorgeous, tacked up horse? 

I've been saddling Avalon regularly again. She accepted the saddle when I bought her and nothing has changed. She walks, trots, and jumps without a buck, but throws a mini tantrum every once in a while at the lope. I have a suspicion that it has nothing to do with the saddle and everything to do with having to lope. 

She even put up with my fiddling as I desperately attempted to get the cinch to fit right. I had to take the latigo home afterward and punch a hole in it. Now I think the fit is perfect.


We spent a lot of time just chilling with the saddle and hackamore on. Relaxation is key and tack doesn't always mean work.

I love her expression here.
Relaxed girl

Ft. the extra-friendly chickens

No comments:

Post a Comment